Normalization Wizard

This forum is dedicated to everything about MemBrain Scripting. All Questions or other contributions with respect to scripting should be placed here.
Especially, if you have an interesting script that you might want to share with other MemBrain users, please post it within a new topic in this forum. Try to choose a title for your topic that allows other users to quickly identify the basic purpose of your script.
laia

Normalization Wizard

Post by laia »

Hello,
I am writing a Script and I would like to know if it is possible to make the Normalization Wizard with this script. Is there any command for this Normalization?
Thank you in advance.
Laia
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Normalization Wizard

Post by Admin »

Hi Laia,

there is no command to start the Normalization Wizard directly (although this is a nice idea for a future version ;) ).

However, there is a script command to adjust the parameters for all selected neurons (void SetSelectedNeuronProp(SNeuronProp &in prop))

You can use this command directly if you want. Preferred way is to read the properties of a neuron (command bool GetSelectedNeuronProp(SNeuronProp &out prop)), modify the normalization limits which are members of the data structure and write the parameters back to the neuron using SetSelectedNeuronProp). See MemBrain Help file script reference for details on these commands.

This is the manual, most painful way (from a programming efforts perspective).

However, a simpler way is to use the NetEditor script class I programmed which is part of the script examples available on the download page. Include this script in your script (#include "NetEditor.as") , create an object of the NetEditor and use its method NormalizeNetWithActiveLesson(). The example script UsingNetEditorExample.as in the scripting example download does this during its main() function, you can copy the code from there. The NetEditor class performs normalization of all inputs and outputs based on the active lesson loaded in the Lesson Editor. This lesson should contain the min and the max value for every data column or - may be the simplest way - all data you have.

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Jetter