PSPad questions (new user)

THis forum deals with questions related to the use of PSPad for editing and debugging MemBrain scripts.
MrCreosote

PSPad questions (new user)

Post by MrCreosote »

First, I wonder if PSPad should have its own subforum? Maybe under Script?

Went through the setup document and it seemed to work quite well.

But got some minor problems:

1) When producing an error after an ALT F9, the editor did not open the #included .as file.

The membrane.exe is in Program Files directory.
All my scripts are in an "Analysis" Directory (there will be many of these when I start making many runs.)
The "scrend.txt" file is left in default location: My Documents > Membrane >

I tried copying all my scripts to the scrend.txt directory and that still did not make the #included .as file open when the error occurred.

2) Seems like a new instance of Membrane is opened every time ALT F9 is pressed.

This is a bit inconvenient because my script is used to "train only" a Membrain network that is already opened and setup.

Is there any way to make PSPad not open membrane.exe and merely F5 the script?

3) Grouping all .as files in the Project.

This looks like its nothing fancy - just a file structure for .as files that are part of some group? Do you simply edit the directory tree in the LH directory tree GUI? I notice that all other files in folders here are shown. Is it a bad idea to define a Project file structure that includes non-Membrain files??

I know in Delphi manually editing a Project can be a big problem - you have to do it with the proper commands such as Add Unit because the "Project" is a lot more than just a directory structure.

Maybe a few sentences in the setup .pdf for setting up a Project of .as files?

Thanks
Tom
Admin
Site Admin

Re: PSPad questions (new user)

Post by Admin »

MrCreosote wrote:First, I wonder if PSPad should have its own subforum? Maybe under Script?
Done. I've moved the corresponding topics to this new location (under 'Scripting') already.
MrCreosote wrote:1) When producing an error after an ALT F9, the editor did not open the #included .as file.
Please try the following to ensure that this is not just a misunderstanding:
- Unzip the attached zip file into a new directory.
- Open the file 'MainFile.as' in PDPad.
- Press ALT + F9
Expected behaviour:
- MemBrain opens
- MemBrain exits again immediately
- In the bottom area of PSPad, in the 'Log' tab , PSPad shoes something like the following:
----------------------------------------------------------Something like this should appear in the Log window of PSPad--------------------------------------------------
Error

Start: 31 Oct 2010, 14:18:10
End: 31 Oct 2010, 14:18:10

MemBrain Script Engine Message:

c:\users\thomas\documents\membrain\scripts\includetest\includedfile.as :

Error(s) during compilation!

c:\users\thomas\documents\membrain\scripts\includetest\includedfile.as (3, 1) : INFO : Compiling string GetTextStringFromIncludedFunction()
c:\users\thomas\documents\membrain\scripts\includetest\includedfile.as (5, 5) : ERR : No matching signatures to 'ShowLessonEditoor(const bool)'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- PSPad has automatically opened the file 'IncludedFile.as' the cursor is placed in line 5 in this file and the line is highlighted in red.

--> Does this work with your installation? If not then please post what exactly occurs on your system.

MrCreosote wrote:2) Seems like a new instance of Membrane is opened every time ALT F9 is pressed.

This is a bit inconvenient because my script is used to "train only" a Membrain network that is already opened and setup.

Is there any way to make PSPad not open membrane.exe and merely F5 the script?
No, PSPad calls the registered app in terms of being a 'compiler' that will return after the compilation has finished. It is not possible to have PSPad detect that a MemBrain instance is already running and use this for script execution.
However, you can call MemBrain in 'just compile' mode. This won't execute your script it will only compile it. For this you have to replace the command line option for the MemBrain call '/S' in PSPad by '/C'.
MrCreosote wrote:3) Grouping all .as files in the Project.

This looks like its nothing fancy - just a file structure for .as files that are part of some group? Do you simply edit the directory tree in the LH directory tree GUI? I notice that all other files in folders here are shown. Is it a bad idea to define a Project file structure that includes non-Membrain files??
I must admit I haven't played with this too much. Currently, I assume it is not much more that a feature to open all files that belong to a project at onces, may be also to search these files for data.

If you find out what it can be best used for feel free to post!

Regards,
Thomas
Attachments
IncludeTest.zip
Test script that contains a syntax error in an included file
(517 Bytes) Downloaded 971 times
Thomas Jetter
MrCreosote

Re: PSPad questions (new user)

Post by MrCreosote »

Hi,

I tried you example and the last 2 lines did not appear. Further, the error Line given appears to be Absolute instead of Relative within a particular file. EDIT: (It almost looks like it doesn't recognize the #include statements?) Here is what I got:

Error

Start: 29 Oct 2010, 15:40:26
End: 29 Oct 2010, 15:40:26

MemBrain Script Engine Message:

C:\_STOCKMODELSmb\01Preliminary\MyCallMain.as (88, 6) :

Abortion due to command execution error

Details: Teacher Error: The teacher is not compatible with the net!