Can't save teacher file

Have specific questions about how to work with certain MemBrain features? Not sure about which checkbox in MemBrain has which effects? Want to know if a certain functionality is available in MemBrain or not?

Your questions will be appreciated here!
trooser

Can't save teacher file

Post by trooser »

Hi,
Hope someone can help me. I've recently encountered a problem when editing or adding a new Teacher using the Teacher Manager. When I exit the teacher manager I get a message saying "could not save teacher file!". Any ideas?
Trooser.
TJetter

Re: Can't save teacher file

Post by TJetter »

Hi,

could you please double-check if the teacher file isn't write protected on disk? Its path is:
'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\MemBrain\Config\Teachers.mbt'

Note that if you are using a non-english version of Windows the names of the folders may appear in an other language in Windows explorer.

In case this doesn't resolve the issue please post the Teacher.mbt file here in the forum and describe the steps to reproduce the problem. You possibly need to zip it in order to allow it to be attached.
Please also state the OS and MemBrain version you are using.

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Jetter
trooser

Post by trooser »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply Thomas.
I've sorted this out now thanks. I'm using Windows XP, and found the Teacher.mbt file in C:\users\<user name>\appdata\roaming\membrain\config. I checked attributes; it was not set to Read-Only but was set to Hidden. When I switched off the Hidden attribute, all worked well.
Thanks
Shaun
TJetter

Post by TJetter »

Hi Shaun,

many thanks for the feedback. Do you have any idea on how the file received the hidden attribute?

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Jetter
trooser

Post by trooser »

Sorry, no idea how it got set to Hidden.