Weight spreadsheet

Have specific questions about how to work with certain MemBrain features? Not sure about which checkbox in MemBrain has which effects? Want to know if a certain functionality is available in MemBrain or not?

Your questions will be appreciated here!
alexeymosc

Weight spreadsheet

Post by alexeymosc »

Hello!

I use MemBrain. Thank you! I like this program. Could you kindly advise if there is a way to get something like a spreadsheet with all the synaptic weights for further analysis? As I can tell there is only an option of displaying weights on the synapses. Is it possible to export a document with all weights?

Thank you,
Alexey
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Weight spreadsheet

Post by Admin »

alexeymosc wrote:Is it possible to export a document with all weights?
Yes, there is:
You can use <File><Export...> to export the whole net into a sectioned CSV file. The feature also lets you select the items you want to export.
Please take into considerations that not only the links define your net but also the activation thresholds of the neurons. You can look at these like links to so called 'ON neurons'.

Regards,
Thomas Jetter
alexeymosc

Post by alexeymosc »

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for this information. Anyway the program is great and much fun (as compared to some other software available). The help files are good also, and very clear.

As an idea how to improve the program I would suggest the option to display both training and testing (and possibly more) net errors during net training.

Alexey
alexeymosc

Post by alexeymosc »

Please take into considerations that not only the links define your net but also the activation thresholds of the neurons.
Dear Thomas, do you mean by activation thresholds the 'biases' which are often called so in neural network literature? I mean a linear component to the sum of weighted outputs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

alexeymosc wrote:do you mean by activation thresholds the 'biases' which are often called so in neural network literature? I mean a linear component to the sum of weighted outputs.
Yes and no:
I mean the 'biases' but they are a component to the INPUT sum of each neuron. To put it more precisely: The threshold is a negative summand to the input sum, e.g. an activation threshold of 0.4 means that the sum of inputs is reduced by the value 0.4 before subjected to the activation function.

An alternative interpretation of the threshold is a negative link to the output of a so-called 'ON-neuron', i.e. to a neuron whose output is permanently 1. Some neural network simulators thus don't have 'Activation Thresholds' but links to explicit ON-neurons instead. Mathematically, they are of identical effect.

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas Jetter
alexeymosc

Post by alexeymosc »

Dear Thomas,

Thanks for explanation. It is clear.

Alexey